Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's Time to Start Being...

I've wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. I started my first "book" when I was seven. In class, when I was bored, I didn't draw or pass notes - I wrote stories. Bits of stories, openings, conclusions. Sometimes I would write my own version of books and stories I'd read, add in my own characters, re-write unsatisfying stories that I had read or seen on TV or in a movie. Now there's fanfiction sites, then it was just me doing what I absolutely had to - writing.
I'm 25. I'm working on my second master's degree. I figure maybe it's time I stopped wanting to be a writer, planning to be a writer, and start being a writer.
What do I want to write about? I guess we'll see. Books, movies. Faith, theology, and a Christian's view of the world. Not "the" Christian view of the world - just this one. My favorite novelist, Leif Enger, talks about people who have encountered God, how they "walk with a limp". I guess I think "with a limp" - all Christians do. You can't encounter the living God and not have it impact the way you view life and the world around you.
I almost titled this blog "Thinking with a Limp" but that sounded kinda... feeble-minded, almost. So we'll stick with this.
Stick around. Tell me what you think. Help me be a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment